- Home /
- Beginners Yoga 4 week course
Beginners Yoga 4 week course
With this 4 week course you will develop confidence and a foundation for the practice of yoga. This course is designed to both start and progress your yoga practice.
Week 1: Introduction to yoga, how to prepare your body, warm up and start your practice, activate your core muscles.
Week 2: The upper body - down-face dog, kneeling to full plank, cobra to the up-facing dog.
Week 3: The lower body - standing warrior postures, finding your balance
Week 4: Putting it all together - How to modify stepping forward and back into lunges. How to move with breathe (pranayama), Tips to stay present (meditation) finishing with a guided relaxation (Yoga Nidra)
You will learn-:
- Basic movements that prepare your body properly for long-lasting Yoga Practice.
- Basic sequence of postures to make you comfortable with progressive classes.
- How to move your spine safely during twists and backbends back pain free.
- How to protect your wrists and shoulders from improper weight-bearing.
- How to use and flow postures together in a way suitable to your individual needs.
- October 28 at 6:15 pm (Wednesday)
- November 4 at 6:15 pm (Wednesday)
- November 11 at 6:15 pm (Wednesday)
- November 18 at 6:15 pm (Wednesday)